I would like to extend a warm and friendly welcome from Gatehouse Primary School.
At Gatehouse Primary School we endeavour to inspire all pupils to achieve their best and fulfil their potential. We ensure that each child has access to broad and varied experiences, both inside and out, as outlined in our school rationale.
Parents are always welcomed into school. We operate an open door policy before and after school. We value the strong relationships that we have with our parents. Education is a partnership between pupils, teachers and parents. Together, we can make your child's memories of school days at Gatehouse happy ones, as each child is nurtured and encouraged to become a successful learner, a confident individual, a responsible citizen and an effective contributor.
John Riley (Head teacher)
• To encourage creative thinking through active and enjoyable experiences and to involve the children in thinking about and discussing their learning.
• To encourage a positive approach to learning and solving problems
• To develop confident individuals who work well in teams and individually
• To develop an understanding throughout the whole school of our rights and responsibilities as citizens of the local community, Scotland and the world
• To challenge ourselves, embrace a wide range of experiences and celebrate all our achievements.