Gatehouse Primary School Contact Details
Telephone: 01557 814262
SMS: 07860 029369
School News: November 2019
Find out more about the importance of talking and listening in the curriculum from nursery to Primary 7. This will take place on Monday 18th November between 6 and 7pm. All welcome.
Thank you to everyone who came along to the meetings before half term. We are still awaiting some pupils returning the notes with parental comments and we will then be sending home a copy for your records.
Budget Savings and Transformation Programme
In preparation for the next academic year’s budget savings, a series of meetings have been arranged across the region. The purpose of the meetings is to share key ideas that have been put forward to meet the savings. Any interested parents or carers are welcome to attend whichever of the meetings is most convenient. All meetings are between 6pm and 8pm at the following venues:
- 4 November - Stranraer Academy
- 5 November- Lockerbie Academy
- 7 November- Douglas Ewart High School
- 11 November- Dalbeattie High School
- 12 November – Sanquhar Primary School
- 19 November- The Bridge, Dumfries
Scholastic Book Fair
The book fair is arriving in school on Thursday 7th November. The fair will be opened for pupils to visit with their class during the school day on Friday or Monday and they are welcome to bring along money to make a purchase. Otherwise, it will be open to parents / carers on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th from 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
We would be able to extend the opening hours if any parents are available to help at the end of the school day, please contact the school office if you would be able to support us with this.
Children in Need – Friday 15th November
We will not be selling merchandise in school this year as it is readily available in many other outlets. However, we will be holding a dress down day where children can make a small donation to this worthy cause.
Christmas Show - Thursday 12 December
It is the older children’s turn to perform the Christmas play this year. The children will be putting on a pantomime called, ‘Hoodwinked’, based on the story of Robin Hood. The younger children will be performing a selection of Christmas songs and music. Further details will follow in due course.
The Christmas service this year will take place on the afternoon of the last day of term, Friday 20th December.
Dates for Your Diary:
- Friday 8th to Tuesday 12th: Scholastic Book Fair
- Monday 18th November: Curriculum Evening (6-7pm)
- Friday 29th November: Achievement assembly at 2.15pm. All welcome.
- Thursday 12th December: School festive performance
- Monday 16th December: Cinderella at the Fullarton (7pm drop off)
- Tuesday 17th December: P1-4 Christmas party (pm)
- Wednesday 18th December: 9.30 to 10.30 Nursery Christmas party
- Wednesday 18th December: P5 -7 Christmas party (pm)
- Thursday 19th December: Festive Lunch
- Friday 20th December: Christmas Service followed by festive break until Wednesday 8th January